We reported over a month ago, that India’s Micromax is preparing for Android 4.0 ICS Tablet at a much cheaper price. The time has finaly arrived, when Micromax First ever Tablet, ‘Micromax Funbook’ is hitting shelves. We were live at Micromax Event held Today in Delhi, where we came to know about this tablet in detail.
As you know Aakash Tablet is a big flop show, and many of other unknown brands tried to make their ways to Tablet market, but India’s biggest Mobile Phones Maker, Micomax seems waiting for something interesting, rather than foraying into the crowd, with just another Tablets. The agenda of Micromax Funbook is simple, it is targeted for Educational usage by Students. The Funbook was looking good in my hands actually, i was impressed with it’s slim profile and attractive looks. And actually, it was live Tablet, and was not a photo edited by Photoshop.
At first sight (I was not gone through deep comparison and review yet which needs time, but will do in TechClap Labs in future), it is looking better than BSNL TPad, and yeah it is obviously and i am 100% sure that it is beating Indian Govt.’s Datawind Aakash Tablet. The Micromax Funbook comes with a 2800 mAh battery with 5 Hours Browsing Time, which converts to 5 hours browsing time on a single charge (Enough for normal usage). Micromax has offered Tata Photon Free, which includes 1 Month Download of Movies & Downloading Free of cost [1gb Data Usage]. Alongside retail stores in India, Micromax has made available this tablet through Snap Deal and their official website for Price Rs. 6499. It is available in 2 variants; Suave Silver and Brilliant Black.
As i mentioned in title, Micromax FunBook has a tagline, “Paas Hoga, Time Paas Bhi Hoga” which clearly suggests that it is for Students, but it can used by anyone as well. It measures 12.2×19.2cm, which makes it comfortable to hold in hands. With Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), it rocks those beautiful effects and UI on the screen. It packs a 1.22GHz Cortex A8 Processor, along with Dual Mali 400 2D/3 GPU for better graphics. The 7-inch capacitive touch screen was looking good for me, as everything was clear on the screen, with better reading experience.
Well.. i can’t describe this tablet as clear winner, because it lacks many things, which are provided in other high-end tablets.
- In-built 3G Sim support
- Very basic front 0.3 mega pixel VGA camera [ You can use it For Voice Chat]
- No rear facing camera [So No Chance of LED Flash]
- No GPS – so You can’t use it as Navigation Device and
- It has a special charger rather than a standard charger (So you have to keep charger with yourself, wherever you go).
- Battery life is also comparatively Less than other tablets with same specs.
But plus points are
- 7-inch [17.78 cm] capacitive multi-touch screen with pinch zoom for bigger screen experience
- HD 2160 p (3840 x 2160) video playback supported , [MPEG2/4 , AVI , WMV , MOV]
- Full USB 2.0 port for 3G dongles and You can Plug-in Pen Drive also
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and HDMI support
- Powerful, 1.2 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM
- 4 GB internal storage [Expandable Upto 32 GB and 512 mb RAM
- Platform - Google Android 4.0 [Icecream Sandwich]
- Sensors: Gravity, Accelerometer
It is designed for average performance, which is required in a normal usage scenario. You will get after purchase, free one month subscription to Movie Trailers , Bolly Buzz , etc. content, as Micromax has joined hands with Bigflix and Hungama.com. Virti is the Education Partner of Funbook , tablets are the future of education. You can Get study material via E-Learning App and IndiaGames powered Games Section and you can use Google Play Also. User Can Watch Live Action , access of over 100 channels, Live TV is Powered by Zenga.
Let’s see how it performs in the market, over Aakash , BSNL Penta TPad tablets and other competitors. What you think? Share us in comments section below.
See Micromax Funbook Android ICS Tablet, Hands-On live at Launch Event: